Learn More Below:
The Urban Christian Woman is a ministry that seeks to restore the Urban Woman with the Gospel for everyday life. This ministry was birthed out of a desire to see women of various ethnic and urban geographic locations “rooted, built up and established in the faith. And to not be captive to empty philosophies or human traditions...” Colossians 2:7-8 .
TUCW knows the Bible actively speaks to every life matter, and has the power to change the life of each woman when she seeks to know God for herself. We see, as God’s Word does His work in the life of every woman, God is gracious to use her to persist in whatever she encounters throughout the course of everyday life.
VALUES OF THE URBAN CHRISTIAN WOMAN
Be RICH – True to the scriptural text.
Be REAL – Talk with authenticity.
Be RELEVANT – Take and live out the Gospel today.
Please make sure the topic and content of your post reflects the content of
The Urban Christian Woman.
Topics for your post should fall into one or more categories:
● Family & Parenting
● Work & Homemaking
● Spiritual Formation
● Culture & Ethnicity
REQUIREMENTS & FORMATTING GUIDELINES
● Word Count: 800-2000 words.
● Original work: All submissions must be original well-written content and have never been published prior. If approved, after we post it live on our blog, you may post the content on your own personal website or social media by using an excerpt and directing readers to entire post on our site. Search engines frown upon duplicate content.
● Required information: Please include your name, content category, and article title when submitting your blogpost. You may also include a brief bio and a link to your website (or Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter pages).
● Proofreading and spell-check: Please review your submission for grammar, sentence flow, accuracy, and spelling several times before hitting that send button. If your post is clearly unedited, we will not post it.
WRITING & EDITING
Articles must reflect our target audience: Women of Color & Women of The City. Our desire is always to point women to The One who made us and to always point our stories back to The Gospel. We are looking for articles filled with Scripture more than experience.
We reserve the right to make necessary changes (without taking away from the author's story) to enhance any posts.
All submissions will be reviewed and edited for grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. If we need to make more significant changes, we will email you for approval before posting it. Although we can't promise we'll post every submission we get, we will definitely read and consider them all. Thanks in advance for your submissions!
A FEW HELPFUL HINTS
How do I quote scripture?
There are many different ways to quote scripture. However, to keep unification of our blog writers, please adhere to the following:
“Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.” 2 Thessalonians 3:16 ESV
*Make note that EVERYTHING is italicized. It is permissible to use any translation with the proper abbreviation.
What could hinder my article from being posted?
● Do not overuse italics, bold, and/or exclamation marks.
● Do not indent your new paragraphs.
● Type alignment must be “left-justified.”
● We NEVER center posts.
● A title that catches and grasps the audience’s attention.
● A lack of fluidity in your title, heading, and content. Be aware of transitions between paragraphs.
● We never use "&" but always use "and" in a post.
Please know we are so grateful for your submission. Due to the size of our volunteer team at this point in time we are unable to personally respond to all emails. If your post meets our editorial standards and aligns with our vision, we will notify you 1-3 days prior to your post going live. Thanks for sharing your talents with us.
We are thankful that with your submissions, you’ll help serve women in urban areas across the globe in their walk with God. We allocate credit to all our writers and can be referenced for internship credit, job recommendations, etc.
ALL SUBMISSIONS ARE ON A VOLUNTEER BASIS ONLY. WE ARE UNABLE TO COMPENSATE FOR ANY ACCEPTED SUBMISSIONS AT THIS TIME.